Are you looking to sell your home in the next year or so? Then, you need to get your home ready for the resale market. Taking measures to increase the value of your property will make your house look expensive. One such measure you can take without breaking the bank is painting. Professional painters can boost home resale value; we will explore how in this blog. Let’s start!
How Can Painters Increase Your Property Value?
The exterior paint job of a property plays a vital role in whether it will be a hit or miss in the real estate market. This fresh coat of paint can be the difference between getting the best price for your property and not breaking even. Let us explore all the ways Sydney painters can boost your property appeal:
Increase In Curb Appeal
Curb appeal is one of the main deciding factors for buyers when they finally pull the trigger on a property. When you hire a professional heritage painter in Sydney to boost your curb appeal, you can relax knowing you will get a brand new home by the time they are done. Fresh paint has also been shown to make a property seem more inviting and improve its resale value by adding a fresh new look.
Adds Extra Protection
Adding a fresh coat of paint also acts as an extra protective layer between the elements and your house’s wooden structure. This protects your house from rain, mould, sun, snow, wind, and storm. This will prolong the shelf-life of the outer appearance of your home and save you money in renovations and reparations.
Increases Energy Efficiency
Aside from adding a layer of protection, fresh paint can also make your home more energy-efficient by trapping the heat within the walls during the winter and cool air during the summer. This leads to low electricity bills.
Boosts Resale Value
The most apparent benefit of painting your home is that painters can boost home resale value. This is the best and most cost-effective way to add value to your property.
How Do You Increase Your Property Value With Painters?
Even though you understand the importance of painters to increase your property value, it doesn’t mean you know what colours make a house look expensive or how to make your property appear high-class with nothing more than a fresh coat of paint. Paint your kitchen a pale colour. Studies have shown that 74% of people want a pastel kitchen.
Use colour theory to ensure that any buyer interested in your property positively perceives your property. 80% of people believe the colours in your home can immensely affect your mood. Following are the effects of just some of the colours that are commonly used to paint homes:
- A fresh coat of green can end up reducing stress.
- Blue-coloured walls calm the nervous system.
- A white-coloured wall in your home gives you the chance to relax and eliminates distractions.
- Beige paint creates balance and creates peace of mind.
- A pink-coloured interior has been shown to regulate blood pressure. Although some people may find this overstimulating.
- The colours orange and yellow are associated with joy and happiness.
- Dark colours like brown and dark green help relax people prone to overstimulation.
- Red is the worst possible colour to choose for a bedroom or any other room in your house. This is because red induces feelings of rage, anxiety, and negativity.
- Grey is also another colour you should avoid as it creates unease and is often dull to look at.
- Purple-coloured walls have been linked with nightmares, so be very careful if you wish to use this colour.
It is not surprising that colours can have such a significant impact on people. After all, we are born seeing colours, and it helps us perceive how to go about this world. From traffic lights to ice cream cones, every colour has a specific connotation, and you can use this knowledge to understand how Sydney painters can boost your property’s appeal. Let us know which colour suits your vibe the most. Happy renovating!